September 22, 2017, 10:28:27 pm

News:

Welcome to the Platino support forum!
We've got some huge Platino 4 updates coming very soon, so check back here next week.

July, 2017

Forum email working again, testing themes, news, etc.

Started by johngould, July 04, 2016, 10:15:31 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

johngould

July 04, 2016, 10:15:31 pm Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:17:36 pm by johngould
Hey everyone, I wanted to let y'all know that we just recently became aware of the fact that the forum outgoing emails have not been working for a while.  I believe it's now fixed, so questions and comments should be replied to much more quickly!  We're also going to be testing some new themes and the news and newsletter features of SMF, as we're approaching some pretty exciting announcements!

So come back often and keep an eye on your inbox.  Platino is only going to get better!

--John

johngould

Forum has been updated to the latest version of SMF, 2.0.12, which we're hoping will help keep out the spammers.  I'm personally not going to hold my breath on that, though, so we'll keep deleting accounts and posts that are clearly spam.

On the brighter side, we'll be making a major announcement about Platino this week.  Very good stuff coming within days.   ;)

--John "I report to Fido" Gould

johngould

In the ongoing battle against the Spam Bots, we've upgraded our forum database and installed a number of new, more effective, and yet less annoying to actual people Anti-Spam countermeasures.  Hoping these take care of the problem once and for all!

In case anyone is wondering why we're taking the time to do all this, we do anticipate this forum is going to pick up again soon, with the upcoming Platino 4 Beta and some new demos and tutorials we're going to be doing with Platino 3!  So we want to make sure this site is running smoothly and isn't inundated with junk.  See everyone in 2017!

--John

Go Up