September 22, 2017, 10:32:30 pm

News:

Welcome to the Platino support forum!
We've got some huge Platino 4 updates coming very soon, so check back here next week.

July, 2017

Recent Posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Developer Support / Re: IsometricTileMap vs MapSpr...
Last post by Lavierky - September 12, 2017, 02:28:57 am
Can I bring new knowledge to publish or not as recent updates?
Developer Support / Re: Platino with TI SDK 6.x.x ...
Last post by Steeve - July 14, 2017, 11:56:19 pm
Thank you for your prompt and accurate reply.
Have a good day !
Last post by johngould - July 14, 2017, 01:26:20 pm
We originally had no intention of making version 3 compatible with TI SDK 6+, but version 4 is going to be fully backwards-compatible, so when the beta is available, your existing Platino code will be portable to the new version.

However, as I mentioned, we've had a delay in getting to the beta stage, primarily due to some big improvements and necessary shifts in our long-term roadmap to make sure the product is the best we can possibly offer and that we can maintain a stable development platform for the foreseeable future.  Issues like Ti 6's breaking changes and other developments along those lines forced us to take on more scope to insure we'd have full control over the stability of our own product rather than rely, even partially, on someone else.

Sorry to get a bit into the weeds, but to get back to the subject, we're discussing the possibility of one more interim minor version or patch to make Platino 3 work with Ti 6.  I'll let you know as soon as we decide what to do about that.  And if you can possibly use the current version with the Android SDK API 23, which can exist side-by-side with later versions, your code will continue to work in Platino 4.  We'll also be making an announcement next week about a definite release date for the beta, which you'll be able to download, and which should be stable enough to use and build games with from the outset, and the final version slated for later this year.
Last post by Steeve - July 14, 2017, 12:15:51 pm
Thanks for your quick answer.
That sounds normal to concentrate on next version.
Does current Platino 3 code will be compatible or it's better to wait ?
Last post by johngould - July 14, 2017, 11:58:18 am
Unfortunately, we can't just recompile Platino 3 to work with TI SDK 6+.  There were breaking changes in that version that would require some pretty major code changes.  We've been concentrating our efforts and resources on getting Platino 4 out to you as quickly as possible rather than supporting version 3 beyond the 5.x SDK.  However, as there's been a slight delay in getting the beta of version 4 out for everyone to try, we are taking another look at possibly putting out a new minor version for v.3 to work with SDK 6.  I will update this thread and include our decision on that in our next newsletter, which we have planned for early next week.

--John
Developer Support / Platino with TI SDK 6.x.x ?
Last post by Steeve - July 14, 2017, 11:52:21 am
Hi,

I have some issues when I try to use Platino.
In one hand, I use some softwares that needs recents tools (last Android SDK, ...)
In the other hand, I would like to use Platino on the same computer.

Titanium SDK before 6.0 needs "Android SDK API 23" and newer SDK needs a new recompiled version of Platino modules.

Is there a way to get a SDK 6 recompiled version of the modules ?

Regards
New Users / Re: License server & support s...
Last post by Steeve - June 22, 2017, 12:28:27 pm
Oh, great !
Thanks for this. Now, it's time for me to work with Platino :)
Regards
Last post by johngould - June 22, 2017, 07:31:21 am
Great, thanks for letting us know.  And for bringing this issue to our attention.  I'll make sure you're in our mailing list so you get updates on our upcoming release.

Also, I'm just going to alter the topic title so it's clear if anyone comes across this in the forum, that this was a temporary issue that's been resolved.  I won't change or delete any of the messages, though, as this was most definitely our problem.  For bringing this to our attention, I'll alter your license on our server to make it perpetual so you won't have to renew & will get the new versions for free when they're released.
Last post by Steeve - June 22, 2017, 06:17:22 am
I received my licence key and I was able to start Platino Studio.
Thanks a lot !
Last post by johngould - June 22, 2017, 02:34:47 am
Alright, I'm truly sorry about that - we've apparently not been receiving emails from our support site for a little while.  I've fixed the issue and you should receive links to download and your license key.  Please let me know if you receive this in the next few minutes or not.

Thanks,
John
Pages1 2 3 ... 10