July 21, 2018, 08:27:54 am

News:

Welcome to the Platino support forum!

Rotation of Camera or Scene

Started by Tartan Tangerine, May 21, 2015, 05:28:49 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tartan Tangerine

May 21, 2015, 05:28:49 am Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:33:31 am by Tartan Tangerine
Hey,

I've been attempting to apply a rotation transform to the Camera and/or Scene - I just can't get it to work. Any ideas?

I'm basically looking to rotate the camera when the user tilts the mobile device.

If I apply a 2Dmatrix to the game window then all my sprites retain their orientation and rotate as a group around some unknown anchor point.

Thanks,

Tim.

JosephAustinDev

Not the answer I wanted to give, but I don't see a way to rotate the camera in Platino. Scenes cannot themselves rotate. It might be possible to do with the gameview using a titanium call of some kind, but it won't look right I think. You could apply transforms to every single sprite using the Transform class, which has a property called 'angle'. It seems angle does nothing to the camera itself, but it will rotate a sprite.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will definitely work on ways to rotate the camera itself very soon.

Tartan Tangerine

OK, thanks for the update - I think I'll have to dig out my book on Trig and do it the old fashioned way.

Tim.

Scallixu

We are ready to share this great comment with other people.

Go Up